Renaissance Nurseries are currently looking for a Driver to start 1st September 2020.
If you feel you meet the specifications outlined in the job description below, please send your CV and any other relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports to the Manager and Lead Manager for the transportation of children, staff and packages to and from nursery and other places and to ensure the safety of the passengers while in a nursery minibus. Employees will receive general supervision within a framework of standard policies and procedures. This job class is responsible for the safe operation of a nursery minibus and for ensuring the safety of passengers while meeting established schedules.
Main Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
• To drive a nursery transportation vehicle in accordance with time schedules.
• May operate a special ramp bus; loads and unloads children’s in wheelchairs on and off the minibus, inspecting wheelchair for operational safety; operates ramp; positions and secures wheelchair in bus.
• To transport children and staff on trips to various locations; planning necessary routes as needed.
• To maintain proper discipline of passengers.
• To conduct safety and operational inspection of nursery vehicle daily.
• To report needed mechanical repairs when necessary.
• To service with fuel and oil;
• To check and when necessary fills tires and batteries
• To perform periodical safety drills as required by law; completing necessary reports upon request
• To maintain cleanliness of vehicle to ensure safe operating condition
• To complete periodic mileage and other reports including passenger counts
• To attend various meetings regarding safety, first aid and training updates as required
• To attend driver training programs where applicable to the operation of vehicles in the transportation of nursery children.
• To operate a transport telephone.
• Wash bus as needed.
• To manage the collecting and drop off system
• To liaise with parents during drop offs and collections and assist with the completion of all necessary forms.
• To perform related duties as required
. Employment Standards:
• A valid and appropriate UK Driver's License.
• Valid first aid certificate or willingness to attend training within 1 month of starting employment.
• Knowledge of safe driving practices.
• Ability to drive a minibus safely and efficiently.
• Ability to exercise good judgment and extreme caution while driving.